White Label Reporting and Analytics Dashboards for Agencies: How to Create 100% Customized Client Reports
One of the most common use cases of a white label reporting tool is relatively straightforward: Customizing your reports with your client's logo and their own branding. In fact, plenty of white label reporting tools limit themselves to that basic functionality. But the real benefits of white label reporting start when you can make more sophisticated calculations, for example:
- Look at how recently run TV/radio ads in specific regions have led to an uptick in website traffic and eCommerce sales.
- Compare metrics from different campaigns and different platforms, such as comparing Google Ads and Facebook Ads within one reporting dashboard.
- Create custom metrics by adding, averaging, otherwise merging together various raw metrics such as combining all forms of social media engagement (links, follows, retweets, shares, etc.) from multiple platforms into one total engagement metric.
The problem is that such advanced calculations require integrating marketing data from different sources into one place, which is incredibly time-consuming without a tool that automates that process.
For example, to produce the 3 reports above, you'd need to export data out of several platforms (TV/radio ad tools, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.), put that data into spreadsheets, make sure the date range and other aspects of the data align, do the data analysis you need in the spreadsheet to produce charts, graphs, and tables that show your conclusions, and finally copy and paste all of this into a PowerPoint report or equivalent to send to clients to manage.
This is the reality of monthly reporting (white label or not) for most marketing agencies. Some of our clients have told us their account managers spend an average of 12 hrs a week creating and sending reports.
In contrast, TapClicks is a white label reporting tool built to automate these complicated processes by:
- Automatically pulling data in from multiple marketing tools into a central place every day so it's always there to analyze.
- Automating advanced calculations that you do every month (e.g., if you compare total engagement or click costs across all digital ad channels in reports every month).
- Automatically inserting updated data and charts into a white-labeled PowerPoint, PDF, or live online dashboard report every month, week, or whenever you need.
In this post, we look at how you can use TapClicks to easily create 100% customizable white label reports in 3 steps. This includes customizing your client reports with their logo and branding and using advanced data calculation to show your clients how your marketing strategies bring their business value.
Note: When you use TapClicks for your white-label analytics and reporting, you can set up recurring reporting. This means that TapClicks will send a report to your clients, in whatever type of format you designate, from PPT to PDF (and more), at whichever frequency you choose. This lets your marketing team focus more on developing new strategies and campaigns and focus less on creating and sending client reports. Start your free trial today.
How to Quickly (and Automatically) Create Insightful and Recurring White Label Reports with TapClicks in 3 Steps
Step #1: Connect Your Data Sources
To create your fully customized white label reports with TapClicks, the first thing you need to do is get your data sets in one place (i.e. out of their native platforms and into your TapClicks reporting and analytics dashboard).
We make this easy with over 250+ Instant-on connectors. Setting up an instant connector is as simple as logging into the platform through TapClicks and authenticating TapClicks.
We have Instant-on connectors for all leading marketing platforms (including Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Linkedin Ads) as well as connectors for SEO tools, advertising analytics platforms, eCommerce tools, CRMs, and more.
Once connected, your data will automatically be pulled out of their native platforms and into your TapClicks reporting dashboard.
With our Instant-on connectors, you get:
- Up to 12 months of historical data (depending on the connector). For example, let's say you're setting up a new client. When you set up a connection with their analytics platform, you will get up to 12 months of their historical data. You can use the metrics you're actively getting your client and compare them with their previous 12 months of data.
- Peace of mind. All APIs are managed by our team. You don't need a full-time developer to manage any connectors or fix any coding issues as connectors get updated by their platform. If any connection breaks or if there is an API update, our API team gets notified directly, so you don't need to have a team monitoring your data connection.
- Your client's data is permanently stored in TapClicks. Many reporting tools only pull in live data, meaning you can only analyze and visualize data that the marketing tools give you access to right now. If they have a limited lookback window (only get access to past 90 days of data) or if you ever lose access (a client drops), you can no longer analyze that data.
In contrast, TapClicks creates a permanent store of the data you've pulled in. By using your TapClicks account as a marketing data warehouse, your agency will benefit from owning its data (i.e. the results you've brought to your clients). Let's say you want to build a case study that shows how your agency has helped eCommerce brands drive website traffic with local TV/radio ads. Because all of that data from website traffic to ad engagement to conversions is stored in your TapClicks account, you can look at the data in the aggregate, draw conclusions, and write a compelling case study tailored to your strengths as an agency.
Need data from a platform that we don't have an Instant-On Connector for? Use our Smart Connector for virtually any other data source
If you need a data connection that we don't have an Instant-on connector for, you can use our Smart Connector.
Our Smart Connector lets you connect your own data (or data from platforms we don't have an Instant-on connector for) into your TapClicks account.
Here's a quick video breakdown of how you can use the Smart Connector tool:
In short, TapClicks has one of the most robust and wide-ranging sets of connectors to marketing, sales, eCommerce, and business platforms of all reporting tools on the market. If you have ad, marketing, sales, or any other data somewhere, chances are, we can connect to it.
When you use TapClicks, all of your marketing and sales data can be found in and analyzed in your dashboard (more on this below). You don't have to spend time downloading spreadsheets of data and integrating them together to analyze. And you don't have to spend even more time building custom white label reports once your data is all set.
Step #2: Automate Key Calculations
Your agency will have a core set of metrics that you report on to your clients. For example, your client reports might always include a metric comparing the ROAS of Facebook vs. Google Ads. You're going to be reporting on these custom metrics on a weekly or monthly basis.
To get those metrics, you need to pull the right data out of its native platforms and put those disparate datasets into a spreadsheet. Then, you need to do whatever calculations are necessary to get the metric you want to show in your report.
That's why one of the bigger times-sucks of creating custom client reports is that you're stuck manually calculating your metrics and then putting them into visual elements (graphs, pie charts, etc) that will go on your client reports.
With TapClicks, you can automate the calculations of these key metrics, so your team doesn't have to compile or build these calculations with each report manually.
Here are some examples of calculations that marketing teams will put together to show value to their clients:
- Comparing metrics from different campaigns across different platforms. Agencies will compare campaign performances across their client's advertising platforms, such as Instagram Ads vs. Linkedin Ads vs. Pinterest Ads vs. TV vs. Podcasts vs. Radio. This lets your agency better see/show which avenues are bringing your client a higher ROAS.
- Creating a total cost metric. Agencies will roll up the cost per engagement, customer acquisition cost, and cost per conversion for all campaigns and platforms to create a total cost metric.
- Quantifying branding and customer engagement. Agencies will figure out the average number of comments or shares per post on dozens of social media platforms to get a better idea of branding and engagement.
- Evaluating CTA performance. To optimize for better conversions, agencies will evaluate the performance of different CTAs or even different layouts that they're using across several landing pages.
Calculating those metrics manually is extremely laborious. Marketing teams will spend countless hours of their reporting on these metrics.
With TapClicks, you can easily set it up so these KPIs are configured and pulled into your client reports automatically. No manual importing, calculating, or graphing needed. That frees up your team's time so they're not spending half of their workweek doing calculations and building reports.
With TapClicks, it's easy to make changes across all your clients
When you use TapClicks, you don't need to make custom dashboards for each client. Instead, you create onetemplate and filter the data to it by the client. You can customize all of your custom data sets from one dashboard. This makes it quick and easy to change which key metrics you're reporting on across all clients.
Let's say you're building client reports for your Google Ads campaigns. With a typical reporting tool, you'd need to create and manage a white label dashboard for each client that shows their PPC metrics. So if you wanted to change how you were reporting on impressions or how you were grouping ad spend, you would need to make that change to every client's dashboard.
But with TapClicks, you will have one universal reporting dashboardtemplate for your Google Ads reporting across all clients. When you edit that universal template, you're changing all of your clients' dashboards at once.
This helps you:
- Standardize agency practices/reporting. You can rest assured that all of your clients are getting accurate reports that reflect the work your team is currently doing.
- Save employee time. Your team doesn't have to spend hours upon hours doing tedious low-level work (like copying and pasting reporting changes to hundreds of client reports).
Step 3: Create, Schedule, and Automate Your White Label Reports
In addition to live dashboard reports (discussed above), TapClicks also helps automate the creation of recurring PDF, PowerPoint or other reports that can be emailed to clients.
Those reports, typically, are tedious to make because even if the reports are built-in the template every month or week. Specifically:
- Your team takes screenshots of their visuals
- They then paste those screenshots into marketing reports
- They either add annotations to the report or send a long message explaining the breakdown of what's being reported
- They need to remember to send the report in a format the client prefers (which could be as a PDF for some, in a spreadsheet for others, as a PPT, etc.).
Agency employees spend hours building these PDF or PowerPoint reports every week or month. But with TapClicks, our Report Studio feature lets you build reports (of any type of format, including PowerPoint or PDFs) with widgets that will automatically update with the latest data available.
So you can build a single monthly PowerPoint report template (white-labeled to your client's or agency's branding), and every chart, graph, or data field in every slide will automatically update before TapClicks sends the file out to the recipients you designate. You can then set this report to be emailed at any recurring frequency you want.
This is a massive time saver for agencies. Employees save many hours not fiddling with PowerPoint reports time they can spend doing interesting analyses or improving the campaigns.
You may also like:
- How to use an advertising workflow platform (with a self-service ad-buying feature)
- An ultimate guide to data visualization (from charts to graphs and everything in between)
- Marketing KPIs you should be tracking
- 20+ reporting tools (from business intelligence tools to our marketing operations platforms)
- How client dashboards can improve marketing operations (for agencies, brands, and media companies)
- A full list of our 250+ easy-to-connect marketing integrations