Marketing Dashboards: A Visual Tool for Data-Driven Decision Making
July 21, 2023
Marketing campaigns generate tons of data. In today's fast-paced business environment, it's crucial to have quick access to that data to make informed decisions. However, having a clear understanding of how different initiatives contribute to overall business objectives can be a challenge in marketing. This is where a marketing dashboard comes in, providing a holistic overview of the data from different platforms in one place.
What is a Marketing Dashboard?
A digital marketing dashboard pulls data from multiple sources, including website analytics, social media, digital advertising, and email campaigns in real time and displays it in a single location.
As an example, a marketing dashboard may pull data from Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn, Google Analytics, and any other sites where you market your company. It then aggregates that data and displays it in a simple format that’s easy to understand. The dashboard updates in real-time, eliminating the need to manually pull marketing metrics.
Marketing dashboards provide a comprehensive overview of your digital marketing performance, helping you monitor the metrics that matter most to your business. With a marketing dashboard, marketers can view a wide range of data in one place, including:
- Website Traffic
- Lead Generation
- Conversion Rates
- Social Media Engagement
- Email Campaign Performance
The Importance of Marketing Dashboards
Marketing dashboards help you understand the campaigns that are performing well, and those that are not. Dashboards help you see a high-level overview of your marketing metrics and eliminate the need to dig into your granular data.
A marketing dashboard can save marketers time and money by reducing the need to manually analyze data from different platforms. It also enables better decision-making by providing actionable insights to improve marketing performance.
By investing in an automated marketing platform, businesses can streamline their marketing operations, make better decisions, and ultimately drive more revenue.
What Should A Marketing Dashboard Include?
An enterprise-level marketing dashboard should offer the following:
- Automated Data Importing: A dashboard solution should have the ability to pull data from all digital marketing channels needed, so you don’t have to import data manually.
- Client Login Functionality & Branding: An enterprise-level marketing dashboard should provide your clients with the ability to log into their individual accounts and view their dashboards as needed. Additionally, the dashboard should include your client’s company logo and branding so that they can easily showcase the dashboards both internally and externally.
- Automated Calculations: Marketing dashboards should calculate totals, averages, total engagement, cost per conversion, and other key metrics from your data. These should calculate automatically, without requiring you to log in and manually update the data. The dashboard should also offer the ability to update graphs, charts, or layouts across dozens or hundreds of dashboards by changing a single template.
- Automated Reports: The dashboard should have an automated reporting tool that sends reports to clients weekly, monthly, or whenever they need them.
How to Create a Marketing Dashboard (Without the Headache)
Have you ever had to undergo the tedious task of logging into every individual marketing account your company uses and pull metrics? This typically involves logging into Facebook, Snapchat, Google Analytics, LinkedIn and various others, manually pulling data, and then formatting it into a visually compelling marketing dashboard.
TapClicks Eliminates This Problem
TapClicks Offers 250+ Direct Data Connections:
With TapClicks, you can connect to more than 250+ marketing-specific platforms and start pulling your data within the hour. Our dashboard connects to the following (and hundreds more):
- Google Analytics
- Google Adwords
- Genius Monkey
Choosing the right marketing dashboard solution can be challenging, especially for businesses with a limited budget. That's why TapClicks offers dashboard solutions that cater to businesses of every size. With an automated marketing dashboard solution like TapClicks, it's never been easier to stay on top of your marketing performance and make the most of your data. Get started with a 14-day free trial today.