Optimizing Business Communication: Leave the Sticky Notes Behind

Sticky notes are a great for some things and terrible at others. They are great as an office supply for small things and they are effective at allowing you to jot down a quote you like, using it as a bookmark, or writing down a nice mantra. 

Do you know what they are not good for? Writing down important reminders, organizing business to-dos, and delegating important work.

In school, the page bookmarks and homework reminders functioned well, but in business, the complexity of all the moving parts prevents sticky notes from being an effective business strategy. Feel free to get nostalgic about those little square rainbow notes, but as productivity demands grow, so must our productivity tools.

If you are not currently using a smart technology to organize workflows, improve communications, and automate mundane tasks, this article is for you (regardless of whether you’re literally using stick notes).

Here are some ways you can cast aside the disorganized “sticky note method” and replace it with more reliable MarTech and AdTech automation technologies.

1. Integrate Orders & Workflows into One Automated System

There are several ways to handle orders and workflows at an agency. However, not all ways are created equal. Some agencies manually create orders, assign tasks, manage workflows and other administrative tasks, while other (more efficient) agencies automate these responsibilities.

The 2017 State of Marketing Work Report states that marketers spend just 38 percent of their time on their primary job duties. The rest of their time (62 percent) is devoted to email, meetings, administrative tasks, and interruptions. These emails, meetings, and interruptions significantly increase the risk for error in primary duties while lowering efficiency.

This is where automation technology enters to save the day. Automation technology helps eliminate errors that occur from manually managing tasks and frees up time. Additionally, digital marketing agencies and media companies can adopt automation technology that allows them to customize orders, workflows, and processes, and then automate them as needed. 

2. Adopt a System that Provides Automated Campaign Alerts

As a member of a media company or digital agency, you’re no stranger to responding to emergency campaign issues. When metrics fall below a specific mark, or when your results start to skyrocket, you need to be ready to act. Without a system that provides you automated alerts and access to real-time metrics, responding to emergency campaign issues is impossible. This inability to respond in a timely manner leaves a damaging mark on your agency’s reputation and may even cause you to lose a client completely.

When you adopt a marketing automation technology that helps you track metrics and set up automated alerts, you’re setting your agency up for success. With automated alerts, you can preemptively fix problems before clients even notice. Similarly, if you see a campaign is seeing excellent results, you can quickly switch up your campaign budget and create more conversions and boost ROI.

3. Streamline Communications into One System

We know you don’t leave sticky notes on your colleagues’ desks as a method of communication (or do you?). However, you may rely on email, chat, or even voicemail to communicate with coworkers and clients. While email and voicemail can aid with communication, there is a better way. When you integrate collaboration and tracking into one convenient location, it ensures the original intent and subsequent input/feedback are streamlined, current, and easy to access.

Tools like TapClicks help you keep all communications related to the point of sale, order creation, workflow management, campaign analytics, and client reporting in one location. This means communication trails are easy to view and track and don’t get lost in emails, texts, and voicemails.

This is just one more way you can boost communication, ensure important messages get recorded, and improve efficiencies at your agency.

Using a system that allows for customization, automation, alerts, and centralized communication ensured everyone on your team remain updated, are on task, and have complete visibility into account progress.